ASUU Student Groups only remain active for one year after the initial registration. After a student group has been active for a full year, it will be automatically deactivated every spring. It is required that all groups be deactivated after a year in order to ensure that student groups remain as current and updated as possible.
Once a student group is deactivated, the group’s preexisting information can be retained during the reactivation process. Even though all groups are deactivated after a year, it is suggested that student groups update their information at the end of both Spring and Fall semesters in order to ensure that other students can participate with the group.
Please review all the information on this page as your reactivation process will not be complete until all the requirements are fulfilled.
Student Group Portal Renewal Instructions
Here are steps for logging into the student group portal and for renewing/updating the portal:
- Go to the ASUU login page, and login in to the student group portal with this link: http://asuu.utah.edu/start-a-group
- Click on Log in to Orgsync under the start a group section at the top.
- In the top right corner, click Log In.
- Click ‘Sign In With Campus ID’
- Enter UNID and Password.
- Once logged in, you can click on the University of Utah tab in the top left corner.
- You can then search for your student group under ‘Browse Organizations.’
- Once logged in, you can renew your portal, by clicking on the ‘Settings’ toolbar on the right side, then click on ‘Organizational settings’. Then in the next screen you click on the GREEN ‘Update and Renew Profile’. This will then take you through all the sections of your registration form, so that you can update any information necessary.
- If you need to add or remove members to the group, you click on the ‘People’ tab. If you need to remove members currently on the roster, then you click on the individual’s name, then click ‘Remove from Portal.’ Then to add people to the roster, you click on ‘Invite People,’ then you add in their email into the box, and then select which category they belong to below (i.e. None, Administrators, Members, or Officers), then you click Submit. This will send them an email, which they will have to confirm in order to be added to the roster.
- To add files or documents in your group portal, there will be a series of tabs up towards the top: ‘Home’ ‘People’ ‘Events’ ‘Files’ ‘Forms’ ‘News’ ‘More.’ Click on the ‘Files’ tab and then upload your constitution. **NOTE: To edit/update the portal, you must have Admin access already.
If you do not, please contact Elizabeth Del Muro, Graduate Assistant of Student Organizations.
Every student group must have at least three registered members listed on the group’s roster in order to be activated or reactivated. Every student group must also have a title, a description of the group, a Constitution (unless they are a student advisory committee), and a statement of who is eligible for membership in the group.
Student groups cannot discriminate in membership based on Federally Protected Classes.