Below are sections related to Assembly, Senate, and Travel. Before you begin, you may want to look over this year’s financial guidelines.
If you are a Recognized Student Organization, you must apply for funding through either the Assembly or the Travel Committee, depending on the scope of your request.
If you are a College Student Council (CSC), you must apply for funding through the Senate.
In addition, you can find General FAQs here.
If you have any questions about finance within the legislative process or Travel, please contact: email@example.com.
Stop by the ASUU office during the below times if you need assistance with an Assembly Bill, Senate Bill or Travel:
Senator Office Hours
Devon Cantwell – College of Social and Behavioral Science
- Mondays and Wednesdays 10am – 11:30am in the ASUU Office
Emily Kam – College of mines and Earth Sciences
- Fridays 2pm – 3pm in the ASUU Office
Alan Abbinanti – College of Pharmacy
- Fridays 12pm -2pm in the Pharmacy Building
Amanda Goodner – College of Health
- Fridays 1pm – 2pm in the ASUU Office
Kaelin Kaczka – College of Fine Arts
- Fridays 2pm – 3pm in the ASUU Office
Haley Feten – College of Engineering
- Mondays 11:45am – 12:45pm pm in the ASUU Office
Howie Huynh – David Eccles School of Business
- Wednesdays 4pm – 5pm in the ASUU Office
Lauren Perry – College of Nursing
- Mondays 1pm – 2pm in the ASUU Office
Lizzy Pohl – College of Humanities
- Tuesdays 12pm – 1pm in the ASUU Office
Taryn Young – School of Medicine
- By appointment
Alejandra Monroy – College of Social Work
- Mondays 5pm – 6pm
Recognized Student Organizations can receive funding by submitting Budget Requests on Orgsync and sending the request through the ASUU Assembly, with the help of an Assembly Representative.
Please contact a representative if you need help submitting a Budget Request or understanding the legislative process.
Funding from the Assembly can be used for any of the expenses outlined in the Finance Guidelines for 2018-2019.
ASUU is committed to helping your student organization function efficiently. Moving forward, we will use a variety of new methods to help student organizations make purchases. For more information on how ASUU can finance your student organization, click here.
College Student Councils can receive funding by submitting Budget Requests on Orgsync and sending the request through the ASUU Senate, with the help of a Senator.
Please contact the senator for your college if you need help submitting a Budget Request or understanding the legislative process.
Funding from the Senate can be used for any of the expenses outlined in the Finance Guidelines for 2018-2019.
ASUU is committed to helping your College Student Council function efficiently. Moving forward, we will use a variety of new methods to help CSCs make purchases. For more information on how ASUU can finance your CSC, click here.
General Travel Funding Overview
ASUU Travel Funding
A student or group registered in a Recognized Student Organization can request up to 100% of their eligible travel costs be covered by ASUU, up to $600 per fiscal year per student. Students may make a travel request as many time as they wish. There is a $12 audit fee for out of state travel, $8 audit fee for in state travel, and $20 audit fee for international travel that will be deducted from your total reimbursement. The total amount funded per student may not exceed $600 per fiscal year (July 1st – June 30th). Travel awards associated with a student organization will contribute to the overall funding cap of the student organization.
Eligible travel expenses include transportation, lodging price during conferences (including one night prior to event and one night following the event), conference registration, and poster printing.
For other questions regarding expenses please consult the Finance Guidelines for the 2018-2019 Fiscal Year.
Remember: Students can apply for ASUU Travel Funding for academic conferences, student conferences, competitions and other travel as deemed appropriate by the ASUU Travel Committee. Applications will be reviewed on a first-come, first-served basis by the ASUU Travel Committee.
Per ASUU Finance Guidelines, ALL reimbursement requests MUST be submitted to the ASUU office within 30 days of the latest of either:
- Date of receipt or invoice
- Date of event or last day of travel
- Date of ASUU funding approval
***If your due date is on a weekend or a University Closure you must turn in your package BEFORE your due date.***
Once delivered to ASUU, the reimbursement process can take up to EIGHT WEEKS. We appreciate your patience. If you have any questions regarding the travel funding process contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Individual Travel Funding Process Breakdown
Step 1: Join your college’s College Student Council on OrgSync.
You will need to create an account on OrgSync. Click “Sign in with Campus ID.”
Once you are in, your screen will look like this:
Click on the “Organizations” tab. Your screen will look like this:
Click on the letter “C.” Scroll down to about the middle of the page where colleges become listed:
Click on your college. At the top right hand corner, there is a button titled “Settings.” Click that button and click “Join Now.” This will allow you to automatically join the College Student Council for your college.
Step 2: Complete “CSC Travel Form”
Once on the page for your College Student Council (CSC), click on “Forms.”
Click on “CSC Travel Funding Form.” The page will look like this:
This page is just to remind you what ASUU considers eligible travel expenses. When you are putting this together, please include only expenses that would be eligible for funding (no food, alcohol, entertainment, etc.). If you would like to see a blank PDF copy of this form, it is located here.
Step 3: Wait for CSC Approval
- Each CSC has its own process for approving travel applications. Ask your Senator for the process specific to your college. After approval from your CSC, the Senator for your college will complete a full Budget Request for you and submit it to the Travel Committee for consideration.
- If we have additional questions, we will reach out to you and the Senator for your college.
- You will receive a final decision by the end of the month that you apply (ex: for a September 1st deadline, you will hear by September 30th).
Step 4: Process Payment Request
- You will get an e-mail by the end of the month notifying you that your application has been approved.
- Your travel payment form is due by EITHER:
- 30 days after your last date of travel (if your travel has not occurred yet), OR
- 30 days after your travel has been approved (if your travel has already happened.
- We will send you detailed instructions for completing your payment form when we approve your Travel Request. These instructions will go over the documentation that we need, as well as the form that needs to be completed and returned.
- ***If your due date is on a weekend or a University Closure day you must turn in your package BEFORE your due date.***