Collegiate Readership Program
The goal of The Collegiate Readership Program is to enhance the learning environment on campus by exposing students to the news in their living, working and community spaces. The program was started at Penn State University in 1997, with the specific goal of promoting civic literacy and global awareness on campus through daily exposure to the news. The CRP provides students access to newspapers, creating an atmosphere of community awareness and preparing for our rapidly-changing, global society.
- Provides students with the ability to access newspapers, share them with their peers, and create a community of awareness.
- Prepares students to live and work in a global society.
- Promotes a sharing of ideas related to responsible citizenship.
- Encourages students to examine diverse viewpoints and multiple perspectives.
- Empowers students to seek knowledge outside of the classroom and sets them on a path towards lifelong learning.